25 Mar Getting Pure Derry Market Ready – A Vendor Checklist
In order to start selling successfully on the Pure Derry Market you will need to have a few key things in place. Most of these are mandatory and failure to facilitate them to a reasonable standard could result in your store being delisted from the marketplace, so best to get em sorted!
1. CONFIGURE YOUR SHIPPING
Before you add a single product – setup your shipping! We won’t be approving products from vendors who have not configured at least one functional shipping method.
On the Pure Derry Market shipping is currently your own responsibility, so ensure that your shipping tariffs will cover your costs before your products go live.
See our guidelines on configuring Local Delivery, Vendor Shipping or In-Store Collection and let us know if you need any further help.
There can sometimes be a delay in shipping set-up, so it would be advisable to arrange as soon as possible before you upload your products
2. EXPLAIN YOUR STORE POLICIES
Each vendor on the Pure Derry Market MUST specify their own position on things that customers will absolutely want to know.
These will/may include:
- Which of the three delivery methods you offer
- Do you deliver locally?
- If so: Within what radius of Derry?
- Expected delivery/wait time
- What countries you ship to
- Your policy on refunds
- What period you will stand over
- Any caveats or exceptions
- Your return policy and how long it’s valid
- How customers can get products back to you
- Who will be liable for carriage
- Your policy on exchanges
All these things will be your responsibility.
We’ll be directing customers to you to handle your own customer service queries.
Failure to provide a reasonable quality of information for customers could see us de-list your store and products.
(*As the recipient of the original translation, we will need to get involved at the very last stage of the refund process once you and the customer have reached an agreement.)
3. POPULATE YOUR STORE PROFILE
Each vendor on the PDM has their own store profile which will act as your shop-window on the marketplace. The more attractive and well populated this is with good information and quality imagery – the more trust and confidence customers will have.
You should fill out your shop profile with:
- A large visible store banner (1440 x 464 recommended)
- Recent contact Info (Email, Phone, Location)
- Short premise statement of your business (1-2 sentences)
- More detailed description of your business (In the description Tab)
- Your business Logo (Pref square)
- Photo/name of owner (Optional)
- Also see ‘Policies’ above
4. SEND US YOUR BANK & PAYMENT DETAILS
The onboarding form on the join.purederry.market site now has (optional) payment details, so whilst we have some of your banking details, we don’t have all. If you want paid – and we assume you do – please forward the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bank or Building Society Name
- Account Number
- Sort Code
- Your PayPal email
To keep costs down for in the early stages of the PDM lifecycle, we’ll transfer your funds via bank transfer, but we may switch to an automated PayPal cycle if the workload.